Monday 7 October 2013

Adventure 7: Cherry tastic (07.10.13)

Good evening all! Today was one of those crazy, hectic days where everything started five mins ago... Despite this, I still managed to walk back to the botanical gardens and fetch my yummy black cherries (as I said in my previous post, these are native to North America)... I have 1.6 kg of them. Was figuring what I should do with them. To be honest, I have more jam than I could ever eat so decided that cherry liqueur is going to be the way forward. I bought the jar and sugar and have set about making it... om, nom, nom. I also set up my next batch of gin - this time, damson. I'm not sure I know the difference, but it sure looks tasty and is already going pink! A good sign, me thinks. Will see how this experimental batch goes and if it looks good, there are plenty more in my freezer. Also, in between lesson planning and volunteer work I managed to buy and label and sort all my frozen stash so it all looks swanky. Now for dinner and homeland! Bonne Nuit!




No comments:

Post a Comment